Required SkillsACCA Attention to Detail Bachelor of Accountancy English Multi-Tasking Organisational and Time Management
Our client is a leader in distributing products to the African Market.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide timely and accurate analyses of budgets, financial reports and financial trends, providing business solutions and ideas in order to assist the CEO, Board of Directors and senior executives in performing their responsibilities;
- Participate in Management Board meetings of assigned business units, present management accounts and other financial reports, take and distribute minutes;
- Manage the cash flow of assigned business units within stated parameters and in coordination with the general managers/ heads of assigned business units;
- Supervise the maintenance of the subsidiary ledgers and other financial records of one or more business units and ensure that assigned accounting staff meet agreed standards of quality and delivery;
- Assume full responsibility for the preparation of monthly management accounts of assigned companies and submit these within their respective deadlines;
- Prepare and submit VAT returns for assigned companies as well as financial data which may be required from time to time by the National Statistics Office or other official bodies and Government departments;
- Support the general managers/ heads of assigned business units in setting annual budgets and in monitoring and analysing trading performance, operating costs and capital expenditure on a regular basis;
- Liaise with the Group’s auditors with regards to assigned companies;
- Regularly provide the finance and compliance director with up-to-date bank balances, debtor and creditor positions and other financial data as may be required from time to time;
- Contribute to the ongoing development and strengthening of internal controls.
- Have at least a Bachelor's Degree or ACCA in accountancy.
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Able to travel.
- Attentive to detail;
- Highly organised;