Senior Consultant – Regulatory Compliance
Required SkillsAnalytical CFT Compliance Interpersonal Problem Solving Report Writing Risk analysis Risk Management Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading global provider of audit, finance, risk advisory, tax, consulting and related services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Be part of the Regulatory and Strategic Risk team that provides professional services to clients in the areas of financial crime, regulatory compliance, governance and risk management;
- Work under the direction and supervision of a manager, and will be expected to contribute towards the planning of advisory engagements, and have overall responsibility for the execution of work programs and subsequent reporting;
- Obtain a comprehensive understanding of a client’s business and internal risk management framework and controls, to identify shortcomings and areas for improvement and make recommendations that add value to the business;
- Carry out in-depth reviews of clients’ compliance with relevant regulations, providing gap assessments and remediation recommendations that add value and support the client in achieving regulatory compliance;
- Carry out research and build technical knowledge on new or changing regulations of interest in all areas of regulatory compliance and risk management;
- Apply previously acquired technical knowledge on relevant regulatory, compliance, or risk topics in a relevant and proportionate manner to the client’s business and circumstances;
- Draft policies and procedures that reflect the client’s internal processes and include recommendations made to strengthen internal controls and regulatory compliance;
- Document work performed and findings in a logical, thorough and structured manner, in line with firm methodology and relevant guidance;
- Drafting reports, including communicating findings to senior management;
- Advise the client on solving control design issues based on industry-leading practices and regulatory requirements;
- Plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience within Risk, Compliance, Finance or similar, with a focus on AML/CFT and/or other areas of regulatory compliance;
- Experience within a supervisory role will be considered an asset;
- Experience of AML/CFT regulations and their implementation in practice;
- Knowledge of other regulations related to the financial services industries will be considered an asset;
- Holding a University degree in Banking and Finance, Risk Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Advanced report writing skills;
- Sound computer literacy: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Project management and leadership skills;
- Result-oriented and quality-driven;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and an eye for detail.