Senior Finance Assistant
Required SkillsACCA Bachelor of Accountancy Finance Financial Statements International Taxation Invoicing Microsoft Office Suite Reconciliation
Our client is a leading sports betting company that offer innovative gaming experiences
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain financial records including the posting of supplier invoices and payments, recording accruals and prepayments;
- Assist in the day-to-day tasks in the finance department;
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and other applicable accounting documents or records;
- Ensure appropriate level of authorisation and accurate general ledger/cost centre coding;
- Verify suppliers and service providers accounts by reconciling statements and related transactions;
- Maintain regular communication with our suppliers and service providers;
- Assist the team with statutory audit;
- Handle payments processes and allocate them appropriately against the applicable invoices;
- Assist in other ad hoc finance tasks as requested by the Finance Manager from time to time.
- Have at least a minimum of A level qualifications in accounting, finance or similar;
- Have basic technical accounting knowledge;
- Having previous experience within a finance position would be considered an asset;
- Have good knowledge of Maltese VAT and tax legislation;
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Having experience of using finance tools/software would be advantageous.
- Ability to take full ownership of responsibilities and adapts to a multicultural environment Integrity;
- Excellent written and communication skills in English;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good numerical skills;
- Responsible and trustworthy person.