Senior Insurance Executive
Required Skills.NET Administration Analytical Attention to Detail Bachelor Degree Communication Coordination Documentation Filing Insurance Monitoring Negotiation Organisational Problem Solving Research
Our client is a company that supports government-owned estates.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that all Company’s assets and personnel are always insured at the appropriate value;
- Develop, manage, and recommend insurance administration policies and procedures;
- Administer officially approved insurance administration policies;
- Coordinate, administer, and maintain all insurance activities as they relate to tenancy leases, Company’s properties, machinery, vehicles, and personal insurances of employees;
- Liaise with insurance policy companies for quotations for the various insurances required by the Company and its clients and make recommendations on those providing the best value for money;
- Screen potential tenants, employees, property, and machinery in accordance with the insurance administration policy to assess their eligibility and submit recommendations as appropriate;
- Provide insurance-related explanations both to external clients and to internal personnel;
- Provide guidance in the administration of insurance matters e.g., filling out insurance policy applications, applying for claims, renewal forms etc.;
- Review all tenant agreements to ensure adherence to insurance requirements and take any appropriate action;
- Coordinate and administer all insurance billings and claims;
- Coordinate and advise on insurance renewals as appropriate;
- Coordinate with insurance companies and other internal functions within the Company in valuing the various assets to be insured to assure that they are properly covered within a particular insurance policy/scheme;
- Monitor and take action with regards to the expiry of insurance policies;
- Act as the first contact point for all communications related to insurance matters;
- Administer any late or non-payment issues and proposes solutions for resolution;
- Liaise with other functions within the Company to ensure that newly recruited personnel are offered the available insurance policies and that newly acquired property, machinery and other items have been proposed for insurance;
- Maintain and organize insurance files for all insurance policies administered by the Company and enter and manage all insurance documents in the appropriate databases as appropriate;
- Resolve problems and answer insurance-related queries referred by tenants and internal personnel;
- Prepare and present reports and other documentation to Senior Management as requested;
- Perform any other job-related duties as necessary or as assigned that may be required from time to time;
- Carry out effectively any other duties and responsibilities and undertake other assignments as reasonably directed by the Management.
- Have a solid background in insurance or a relevant related field;
- Hold an Academic qualification in a relevant field of study;
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Have analytical skills;
- Have excellent research skills;
- Be well-organised and attentive to detail;
- Strong communication and negotiations skills;
- Strong insurance skills and commitment to expected results.