Senior Officer – Operational Risk
Required SkillsCompliance Operations Oral Communication Reporting Risk analysis Time Management
Our client is a bank.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the delivery of Operational Risk Framework;
- Act as the system administrator for the new Operational Risk IT system which amongst other activities;
- Handling the parametrization and configuration of requests for system enrichments;
- Participating in user acceptance testing to ensure that new applications and/or system enhancements are released into production as requested, to the right quality and within pre-established project timelines;
- Investigating data exceptions and system errors to ensure that the Operational Risk IT system is functioning as expected;
- Supporting end-users in any troubleshooting issues they may encounter, including the creation of customized system reports;
- Maintaining good rapport with the system vendor, acting as a contact reference point for any new system patch releases involving new functionality which requires UAT;
- Maintaining system procedures regularly updated and deliver refresher training sessions to end-users to ensure that the system is fully optimized;
- Responsible for commitment to Service;
- Supporting Business Units;
- Preparing Presentations and Reports;
- Collaborating with Regulatory Bodies.
- At least 5 years' banking experience, preferably in roles within the 2nd or 3rd line of defense or 1st line with exposure to Bank Operations;
- Diploma (MQF L5) or higher in any one of the following: Banking and Finance, Business, Risk, or any other related area will be considered an asset.
- Responsible, committed and appreciates the responsibilities which the job entails;
- Assertive and confident;
- Team player and flexible according to priorities;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English;
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards;
- Excellent leadership, and analytical skills.