Required SkillsAdvisory Analytical Attention to Detail Bachelor Degree Civil Engineering Communication Electrical Engineering Mechanical Multi-Tasking Teamwork
Our client is a company that supports government-owned estates.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the Technical Department in the formulation, development and implementation of policies and procedures pertaining to utility and infrastructure services;
- Undertake environmental impact, feasibility, and other related studies to assess the utility and infrastructure services required;
- Assess, plan, and design the utility and infrastructure services required, apply knowledge of design, auxiliaries, zoning and specific utility and infrastructure codes;
- Carry out regular site visits to check on progress of utility and infrastructural services implementation and ensure that these are running within the agreed budgets, timescales, and established criteria;
- Ensure that all utility and infrastructural services works are in compliance with the relevant local and European Union Health and Safety regulations;
- Proactively identify, communicate, mitigate, and resolve project / stakeholder-related issues;
- Ensure continuous and effective communication and coordination on projects between all disciplines and parties involved;
- Manage all interactions on behalf of the company and its tenants with the utility and infrastructure services carriers;
- Produce detailed technical drawings through which timing, materials, costings, and other factors related to utility and infrastructural services are established and planned;
- Prepare and present design proposals for utility and infrastructural services to the Chief Technical Officer or his delegate for review and approval;
- Prepare and present technical documents that relate to permits, planning and development consent from the Planning Authority and other relevant bodies;
- Advise and participate in the preparation and evaluation of tenders and the preparation and certification of Bills of Quantities related to utility and infrastructural services;
- Seek to establish service level agreements with the utility and infrastructure services carriers;
- Network with all other Departments and Units and business functions within the company to ensure that planning for utility and infrastructural services is integrated holistically within the design and executive of construction / refurbishment related projects;
- Promote the application of Green technology and alternative technologies in order to improve the energy performance of buildings as required by the relevant EU legislative framework;
- Work closely with, and provide technical guidance to draughts persons, surveyors and other relevant professionals on matters relating to utility and infrastructural services;
- Certify payment vouchers for completed works and ensure that these are according to tender specifications and conditions;
- Manage within parameters as delegated contractual and payment variations;
- Advice and guide the Chief Technical Officer or his delegate on utility and infrastructural services related issues and concerns;
- Provide line management and supervision to staff assigned to his or her responsibility;
- Attend briefings and meetings as necessary;
- Prepare and present reports and other documentation to senior executives as requested.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related field;
- Hold a Warrant to practice the profession of an engineer as regulated by the provisions of the Engineering Profession Act (Cap. 321 of the Laws of Malta);
- Possess a minimum of three years working in a technical and/or industrial environment.
- Be attentive to detail;
- Have multitasking skills.