Sportsbook - Database Administrator
The Database Administrator for our Sportsbook Tech Team is responsible for setting up and maintaining the databases which are at the core of our Systems. You will have a deep knowledge of the data model used to be able to effectively perform the duties and work closely together with both operations teams and developers to ensure the highest quality and performance.
A taster of what you will be doing
- Maintain, monitor and support production and development Sportsbook databases and environments;
- Monitoring and troubleshooting database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlock issues, replication/log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.;
- Troubleshooting SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, diskspace and other resource contention;
- Apply high availability through backups, restores, DBCC commands, clustering, availability groups, replication;
- Implement operational automation;
- Install and configure new SQL Servers;
- Apply latest patches and updates;
- Planning System storage and partitioning.
- Write, optimize and maintain stored procedures;
- Performance tuning of T-SQL queries based on best practices;
- Ensure that the databases are optimized from a performance perspective;
- Index management, creation, storage, and integrity checks;
- Working in partnership with development teams and providing technical expertise to attain highly optimized and innovative solutions;
- Deploy database change scripts;
- Support developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc);
- Modelling of data optimized for readwrite workloads.
- Provide on-call support;
- Participate in root cause analysis for production incidents.
- Document necessary processes and procedures (creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc);
- Effective use of SQL Server tools (Profiler, SSMS, DMVs and system SPs);
- Use of other SQL monitoring tools such as Redgate
- Apply knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
- Experience in NoSQL Databases such as Redis;
- Experience with SQL Server Suite (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS)
- Experience in developing Datawarehouse and Cube platforms
You’re good at
- The ideal candidate should be highly knowledgeable with proven experience in MSSQL 2008 – 2017;
- In-depth experience using TSQL;
- Furthermore, the DBA should be comfortable communicating with developers and stakeholders on requirements, feeding back optimizations to ensure the database runs in the most efficient manner;
- Passion for data, learn and try new features that can help the company improve, give priority to performance improvement and system stability.
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
We offer numerous challenges where your skills will be put to good use! We encourage innovation, independence and celebrate success where you will be part of multi-cultural and diverse company, with people from all over the world.