Systems Design Engineer
Required SkillsAttention to Detail Bachelor Degree Communication Coordination Customer Needs Customer Requirements Data Security Design Documentation Drawing Electrical Engineering Engineer Engineering Degree Oral Communication Organisational Planning
Our client is a leading player in the security sector.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify and select appropriate hardware and software components for the security system;
- Analyze client requirements and assess site conditions to develop site-specific customised designs;
- Conduct feasibility studies and recommend suitable equipment, technologies, and configurations meeting the required standards and based on available budgets;
- Interpret concept drawings, project specification documents and present design concepts to clients and other interested stakeholders;
- Ensure seamless integration between a multitude of systems within a site, such as alarm systems, intercoms, automated doors and barriers, as well as safety systems such as fire detection systems and emergency communication systems;
- Collaborate with other teams or vendors to achieve integration goals;
- Conduct site surveys to assess the physical layout, infrastructure, and environmental factors that may impact system design and performance;
- Stay up-to-date with relevant security regulations, international standards, and industry best practices to ensure compliance in system design and implementation;
- Adhere to privacy laws and data protection guidelines when handling sensitive information, including additional requirements imposed by clients’ non-disclosure agreements and other contractual obligations;
- Collaborate with project managers, clients, and other stakeholders to define project scope, timelines, and budgetary considerations;
- Provide technical expertise and support throughout the project lifecycle, from initial design to final installation and testing;
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies, trends, standards and best practices in the field of security systems to continually improve design capabilities and offer innovative solutions to clients;
- Research new products and solutions and engage business with new suppliers and sub-contractors;
- Handle documentation of different natures simultaneously, such as, contractual, commercial and technical;
- Maintain all data updated and ensure proper sorting of documents including client acceptance;
- Ensure compliance with company’s management policies and procedures (SOP).
- Possess an Engineering Degree in Electrical/IT/Computer/Telecom;
- A minimum of 2-3 years of working experience in the design of IPCCTV, Access Control and/or Data Networks;
- Must have a solid technical background, knowledge of security technologies, and the ability to translate client requirements into practical and efficient system designs;
- Proven track record of successful deployment of systems implemented on high-risk sites.
- Ability to present both technical and commercial detail to various levels and sizes of audiences;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Be customer-oriented;
- Be organised, assertive, attentive to detail, and accountable of assigned tasks;
- Have excellent organisational and planning skills.