Tax Compliance Professional (Maltese Speaking)
Required SkillsAdvisory Business Development Communication Content Writing English Maltese Meeting Planning TAX
Our client is a leading accounting and auditing firm.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with the tax compliance team and in collaboration with the team’s management;
- Servicing a portfolio of local and international clients;
- Handling tax compliance for a portfolio of international clients;
- Preparing and/or reviewing of income tax returns and computations;
- Handling the process of income tax refund claims, including shareholder registrations;
- Communicating clearly with clients and being able to understand their requirements;
- Assisting clients with their ongoing tax inquiries;
- Liaising with the Inland Revenue Department on various compliance matters;
- Keeping abreast with tax developments locally and internationally;
- Preparing news items and articles for our website;
- Assisting with business development initiatives;
- Contributing to tax advisory projects from time to time;
- Any other tax compliance related tasks as may be required.
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar role;
- Qualify for accounting or are close to completing your accounting qualifications;
- Experience in Malta’s tax law and its practical implications;
- Will be considered and asset previous experience in a client accounting role, ideally with a tax focus.
- Fluency in both English and Maltese (written and spoken). Additional languages will be given value;
- Be analytical and have sound problem-solving skills;
- Be a strategic thinker with excellent business acumen and strong domestic and cross border tax skills;
- Possess a strong work ethic and customer-centric focus;
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team.