Required SkillsAccount Management Bachelor of Accountancy Communication GAAP IFRS Microsoft Office TAX Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a company specialized in manufacturing, developing and selling pharmaceutical products.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Report directly to the Global Tax Director and will support both the local and group tax function;
- Attending to all the Malta tax-related matters, including compliance, analysis, and reporting;
- Involved in areas related to the group, including collaboration with our international colleagues and group consolidation team;
- Preparation of monthly actual tax provisions for Maltese entities, including tax provisions for forecast and budget processes;
- Coordinate and assist the Maltese finance team in the gathering of tax information and ensure tax provisions are correctly booked in a timely fashion;
- Designing appropriate workbooks where necessary for the efficient day-to-day collection of information;
- Cooperating with local auditors regarding tax-related areas during local statutory audits;
- Ensure compliance with all local tax filings and notifications;
- Liaise with the tax authorities on complex tax areas when required;
- Registering shareholders with the International Tax Unit and compiling tax refund claims;
- Performing in-depth analytical review of local GAAP and IFRS tax reported numbers across the group entities following agreed timelines;
- Review and analyze the main drivers driving the effective tax rate both on a territorial and regional level;
- Ensuring the smooth running of tax reporting systems and processes throughout the year;
- Summarizing and communicating results of all tax reporting processes in an effective and time-efficient manner to the tax team;
- Assist and contribute to the Transfer Pricing aspects for the group, including but not limited to, the review of transfer pricing transactions within the group and BEPS related reporting (Master File, Local File, CbCR);
- Ensure compliance requirements are correct and timely.
- At least 5 years' experience in taxation with a profound understanding of tax provisions, current taxes, deferred taxes (including tax-loss carryforwards), reconciliation with cash, etc.;
- Be a qualified accountant;
- Experience in BPC (or similar) consolidation software will be considered an asset.
- Organized and possesses good attention to detail;
- Proficient and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Excellent communication and written skills in English;
- Comfortable in using and exploring accounting software with an initiative to create ad-hoc reports;
- Ability to build good working relationships with stakeholders with remote locations having different time zones;
- Positive attitude and a can-do approach encouraging positive team spirit.