Technical Compliance Manager
We are looking for a brilliant technical mind to join our Compliance Team.
We are looking for a new team member to join our legal and regulatory/compliance department in Malta. We can offer an interesting and rewarding job, working within a great team of lawyers and compliance personnel of different nationalities.
What's in it for you
Your role as a member of the Betsson Group Compliance team will involve working closely with the rest of the organisation, providing practical and commercially-focused technical compliance advice and support. You will be carrying out technical assessments of regulations and advising and overseeing the roll-out of the same. You will be working closely with the Product Development Department and will provide support to the rest of the Compliance team on all technical aspects of regulation.
You will be based in Malta and report to the Head of Compliance or other person as may be required from time to time.
We want to see you grow into your role and take on more responsibility and challenges as time goes by. We aim to provide you with a path for your career that is both challenging and rewarding.
A flavour of what you'll be doing
- Owning and maintaining the change management process as is required by relevant regulation;
- Interpreting and advising on technical regulations, requirements and standards across relevant jurisdictions/markets;
- Carrying out technical compliance gap assessments/analyses across the relevant jurisdictions/markets in order to correctly advise the relevant teams on the implementation of technical solutions/products;
- Interacting with Regulators where and if required on technical compliance matters including reporting to (and producing reports for) regulators as may be required;
- Reporting any identified technical compliance risks and gaps and proposing compliant technical solutions and driving their implementation.
- Act as a point of contact with Accredited Test Labs and technical consultants and build strong working relationships.
You're good at
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related topic
- Certification in Information Technology Audit, such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a technical compliance role within the gaming sector.
- Holds a good understanding of industry best practices such as ISO/IEC 27001, PCI:DSS, ISO 31000 etc.
- Proven track record of working closely with key internal and external stakeholders within the online gambling industry.
- Technical experience in order to work comfortably with internal and external technical personnel (architects, developers, database administrators etc.)
- Ability to relate to non-technical business stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret technical compliance requirements into pragmatic business terms and drive their implementation throughout the organisation.
- High attention to detail, able to organise and prioritise work effectively.
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and embrace change.
- Excellent command of English (verbal and written) and ideally other languages.
- Team player and solution oriented.
- Certification in project management, such as PRINCE2 or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable in non-technical online gambling laws, regulations, requirement, standards etc (General Data Protection Regulation, Anti Money Laundering, Responsible Gambling etc).
- Good working knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and other business tools.
- Experience in programming, XML and databases.
What we offer
We offer a fun and challenging role in a helpful and dynamic environment. For the right person there are many different career paths at Betsson, both if you want to deepen your technical skills or work with leadership in the future.