Training and Development Specialist
Required SkillsBudgeting Communication Creative Human Resources Leadership Oral Communication Psychology of Work Report Writing Teamwork Training
Our client is an established corporate service provider.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify the specific skills and knowledge gaps within the organization. This involves assessing the current skill levels of employees and determining what training is needed to bridge the gaps;
- Create training programs that address the identified needs.This includes selecting appropriate training methods (e.g., workshops, online courses, on-the-job training) and materials;
- Create or source training materials, including presentations, handouts, e-learning modules, and other resources. This may involve collaborating with subject matter experts;
- Conduct training sessions, either in person or virtually. This involves facilitating workshops, lectures, or interactive sessions to effectively convey the material;
- Assess the effectiveness of training programs through various methods, such as surveys, assessments, and feedback forms;
- Work with employees and managers to create individualized plans for professional growth;
- Leverage technology for training purposes, including the use of learning management systems (LMS), online courses, and other digital tools;
- Ensure that employees receive necessary training to comply with legal and industry-specific requirements;
- Provide training in areas like communication, teamwork, leadership, and other interpersonal skills that are essential for professional success;
- Stay updated with industry trends, new training methodologies, and emerging technologies to ensure that training programs remain effective and relevant;
- Manage budgets for training programs, which may include costs for materials, trainers, and technology;
- Maintain accurate records of training activities, attendance, and outcomes for compliance and reporting purposes;
- Collaborate with various departments, managers, and executives to align training initiatives with organizational goals and objectives;
- Assist in identifying potential leaders and preparing them for future roles within the organization;
- Provide data and reports on the impact of training programs, including ROI (Return on Investment) calculations and other performance metrics.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in related studies;
- Have proven experience in the related area;
- A strong understanding of adult learning principles, instructional design, and training methodologies is crucial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.