Web & Product Analytics Manager
Excellent opportunity to join Betsson Group as our new Web & Product Analytics Manager.
The Web and Product Analytics Manager is a pivotal role within the Betsson Group. Helping guide and support decision making across all our markets, brands and teams. This role focusses on leading both the Web analytical area and the Product analytical area.
The person in this role will need to be a self-starter who takes ownership and is able to prioritize their work in line with business and stakeholder priorities. Passionate about data they will drive change and action through science rather than hunch.
What’s in it for you?
The role is primarily intended to ensure we have dedicated focus on understanding the performance of our sites and apps, and the user experience across all key journeys and interactions. By having a full understanding of what is performing well, what is not performing well, and what is not working at all, the Product Development department will be in a stronger position to quickly address broken or negative experiences and optimise our sites, apps and underlying platforms to deliver an improved customer experience and improve core KPIs.
Our main source of data for this is Google Analytics and so part of this role is to ensure we have high quality data on how people are using our site and apps and that key areas across the business are educated in using said data for their business decisions.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the Web analytical area and Product analytical area to enhance and drive a step change in the insight capability within Betsson Group
- Define both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Identify and analyse options, and assess their feasibility and operational impact
- Ensure business solutions are aligned with strategy, business goals and end user needs
- Drive a step change in use of data / information in decision making
- Set up new frameworks and processes as required to deliver strategic plans
- Coach, enable and encourage Web and Product analysts to enhance their analytical skills and business knowledge
- Support and collaborate with stakeholders of all levels, other Analytics managers and the Head of Analytics with critical pieces of analysis to drive the business forward. This will cover diverse areas such as:
- Define best practice approaches for analysing online and transactional user behaviour, conversion data, customer journeys and funnels
- Compiling and analysing metrics and KPIs using a variety of sources
- Monitor and provide best practices for improvements of online conversions to optimize campaign success and communicating insights and recommendations to key stakeholders to promote data-driven decisions
- Support the process of conducting various web analytics reports that contribute meaningful analysis and actionable insights
- Providing coaching and training on the usage of Google Analytics information
- Assisting in maintaining data integrity and accuracy by working with the BI team and the Web Technical team
- Promoting best practice for optimisation and testing approaches, relating to Product Development initiatives
- Defining the best framework when analysing the impact of new product launches with the aim of concluding if objectives and goals were achieved
- Define, track, and visually share Gaming and SB KPIs to showcase how different products are performing against long-term objectives
- Keep on top of current developments in the marketplace and apply the knowledge to improving the product verticals in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders
- Support the Head of Analytics to define and deliver the Strategy & Analytics department roadmap
- Support the Product Development Area Heads and Product Managers to deliver Product Development initiatives
You're good at:
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong visualisation skills
- Strong communication, presentation and planning skills
- Strong Google Analytics knowledge, or a similar web analytics tool
- Strong CRO, A/B testing and multivariate testing knowledge
- SQL knowledge, or a similar language
- Power BI knowledge, or a similar visualisation tool
- Web technologies knowledge
- Experience using Business Intelligence and Operational Intelligence tools
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Analytical mind-set and confident working with data to drive decisions
Some good to haves:
- Experience working with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience working with KNIME Analytics Platform
- Experience working in the iGaming industry
- Knowledge of Programming languages like R or Python
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.