Required SkillsACCA Account Management Advisory Financial Statements GAPSME IFRS Target Setting TAX Tax Returns VAT
Our client is a leading organisation in corporate services, trustees and fiduciaries.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Works closely with the Manager, Accounts and the accounting team to ensure adequate support for the accounting operations and to help meet department targets;
- Ensure the quality of client services and adherence to their requirements in compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Keeping the books of account of companies of an international clientele up to Trial Balance stage;
- Preparing management accounts and liaising with the external auditors;
- Preparing and filing VAT returns;
- Keeping abreast of technical developments in VAT, Income Tax and relevant Accounting Standards, including IFRS and GAPSME, also by attending relevant seminars and courses;
- Assisting with the day to day operations;
- Responsibilities for handling the more complex accounting matters;
- Reviewing Financial Statements and returns;
- Acting as a point of contact for clients, shareholders, advisors and other interested parties;
- Attending clients board meeting as and when required;
- Maintaining records both in hard copies and on electronic databases;
- Keeping abreast of developments in accounting, VAT, Income Tax and Accounting Standards, and other relevant laws to ensure that the Group complies with the respective regulations for the jurisdictions in which we operate;
- Uphold our company values by promoting a culture of professionalism, teamwork, and equality;
- Other related duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
- At least 3 years' experience in an organization active in Accounting, Trust or Corporate sectors;
- Proven track record of exceeding targets;
- Direct operational experience of international structures and private clients;
- A solid first degree/qualification in accounting ACCA, or equivalent.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Personal credibility, integrity, and high moral standards;
- Be result-oriented, responsible, highly meticulous and detail-oriented;
- Ability to work on your initiative and under pressure;
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- A positive attitude towards solving problems;
- Ability to think outside the box;
- Culturally sensitive and experienced in dealing with multiple nationalities, business cultures.