Required SkillsACCA Attention to Detail Communication Financial Statements GAPSME IFRS Leadership Microsoft Office Monitoring TAX Tax Returns Teamwork VAT
Our client is a leading organisation in corporate services, trustees and fiduciaries.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting to Managing Director;
- Works closely with the Managing Director and other line Managers to ensure adequate support for the operations overall, enabling the functional agenda and meeting local targets;
- Manage the running of the client accounting operations of our company;
- Managerial responsibilities to plan, monitor and co-ordinate the Client Accounting Department servicing a growing portfolio of clients who own commercial and pleasure yachts;
- Managing and assisting the accounting team in the handling the more complex accounting matters;
- Liaising with clients in order to deliver value added services according to their needs;
- Managing and assisting the Accounting Team in keeping the books of account of the entities of our international client base and act as the first point of reference for technical queries;
- Reviewing management accounts, financial statements and liaising with external auditors;
- Reviewing tax computations, income tax returns and VAT returns prior to submission;
- Supervising the accounting team, setting performance targets and ensuring deadlines are met;
- Reviewing back office output, fee recoverability and other team performance metrics;
- Monitor the team’s progress;
- Being able to provide advice in response to questions from staff or the Board in terms of the company services provided;
- Acting as first point of contact concerning accounting matters for clients, shareholders, advisors and other interested parties, and supporting the team on such matters;
- Responsible for organisation of work of the team (quality and quantity) in order to optimise team performance; monitor team’s progress and being it’s first point of contact; and other related matters;
- Keeping informed of developments in local laws and regulations vis-à-vis VAT, Income Tax, GAPSME, IFRS and other relevant laws to ensure that our company complies with the respective regulations for the Country, also by attending relevant seminars and courses.
- At least 3 to 5 years' experience in the Accounting sector or in the Trust and Corporate sectors;
- Direct operational experience of VAT knowledge;
- A strong knowledge of IFRS/GAPSME and relevant Maltese Tax and EU Legislation;
- A first degree or qualification in accounting, e.g. ACCA;
- A post-graduate qualification in VAT.
- Strong team-player with experience in a dynamic organisation and able to build bridges between the different stakeholders within the organisation;
- Leadership skills and ability to effectively oversee the team and its smooth running;
- Hands-on and with attention to detail. Also with a positive attitude towards solving problems and capabilities to mentoring and training own team;
- Strong communication / persuasive skills and a team player;
- Ability to think outside the box, to challenge the status quo, but to do so diplomatically and in a collaborative manner;
- Culturally sensitive and experienced in dealing with multiple nationalities, business cultures;
- A strong command of MS Excel;
- Ability to deal with change and to take initiative.