Required SkillsAccounts Bank Reconciliation Cash Floats Management Accounts Payments Reconciliation
Our client is a well established leading local distributor of medical and food supplies.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting to the Finance Manager;
- Updating accounting records, including but not limited to journal entries and posting of supplier invoices;
- Assisting in the preparation of various balance sheet reconciliations, including but not limited to the bank, cash, and creditors;
- Maintaining the creditor's ledger, including payments to local and foreign suppliers by bank transfers on a timely basis;
- Reconciliation with Goods Received Note, follow-up any queries or refunds and reconciliation of suppliers statements;
- Maintaining the debtor's ledger, including debt collection, monitoring bank receipts and posting on a timely basis;
- Supervision of cash reconciliation and handling deposits of funds received;
- Maintaining an orderly financial filing system;
- Carrying out the ad-hoc office duties as may be requested by the management.
- A minimum of O Level standard of education, ideally in Accounting;
- At least one year's experience in a similar role in Malta
- Previous experience and knowledge of the Shireburn Financial System will be considered an asset.
- Be personally responsible, meticulous, highly organized, and punctual;
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure;
- Ability to take an initiative and act on what is required;
- Able to work in a group and liaise with other departments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Punctual and dependable;
- A clear communicator and an active listener;
- Able to work in a team.