Required SkillsAccounts Financial Statements GAPSME IFRS Tax Returns VAT
Our client is a leading organisation in corporate services, trustees and fiduciaries.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Reports to the Account Manager;
- Works closely with the Manager, Accounts and the accounting team to ensure adequate support for the accounting operations and to help meet department targets;
- Works closely with the Manager, Accounts to ensure the quality of client services and adherence to their requirements in compliance with regulatory requirements the books of account of companies of an international clientele up to Trial Balance stage;
- Preparing management accounts and liaising with the external auditors;
- Preparing and filing VAT returns;
- Keeping abreast of technical developments in VAT, Income Tax and relevant Accounting Standards, including IFRS and GAPSME, also by attending relevant seminars and courses;
- Assisting with the day to day operations;
- Responsibilities for handling the more complex accounting matters;
- Reviewing Financial Statements and returns;
- Acting as a point of contact for clients, shareholders, advisors and other interested parties;
- Attending clients board meeting as and when required;
- Maintaining records both in hard copies and on electronic databases;
- Other related duties as may from time to time be reasonably required;
- Keeping abreast of developments in accounting, VAT, Income Tax and Accounting Standards, and other relevant laws to ensure that the Group complies with the respective regulations for the jurisdictions in which we operate;
- Uphold our company values by promoting a culture of professionalism, teamwork and equality.
- Part qualified through the ACCA qualification (preferably be in possession of ACCA Taxation Malta TX/F6);
- At least 2 years' relevant experience in an organisation active in Accounting, Audit, Trust or Corporate sectors;
- Proven track record of exceeding targets;
- Direct operational experience of international structures and private clients.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Hands-on and with attention to detail;
- Collaborative team-player with experience of working in a dynamic organisation and able to build bridges between the different stakeholders within the organisation;
- A positive attitude towards solving problems;
- Ability to think outside the box;
- Culturally sensitive and experienced in dealing with multiple nationalities, business cultures;
- Ability to deal with change and to take initiative.