Required SkillsAttention to Detail AutoCAD BA Architecture Multi-Tasking Oral Communication Structural Teamwork
Our client is a company that supports government-owned estates.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) in the formulation, development and implementation of policies and procedures pertaining to architectural-related matters;
- Undertake environmental impact, feasibility, and other related studies to assess the appropriateness of building / renovations projects;
- Assess, plan, design, and administer building and renovation projects, applying knowledge of design, construction procedures, zoning and building codes and building materials;
- Carry out regular site visits to check on progress of projects and ensure that these are running within the agreed budgets, timescales, and established criteria;
- Ensure that all structures / building and renovations follow the relevant local and EU Health and Safety regulations;
- Proactively identify, communicate, mitigate, and resolve project / stakeholder-related issues;
- Ensure continuous and effective communication and coordination on projects between all disciplines and parties involved;
- Produce detailed technical drawings through which timing, materials, costings, and other factors essential to the project are established and planned;
- Prepare and present design proposals / project layouts for review and approval;
- Prepare and present technical documents that relate to permits and planning and development consent from the Planning Authority and other relevant bodies;
- Consult with the relevant stakeholders to determine the functional and spatial requirements of new structures or renovations and prepare and present information regarding design, specifications, materials, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time;
- Promote the application of green technology and alternative technologies in order to improve the energy performance of buildings as required by the relevant EU legislative framework;
- Work closely with, and provide technical guidance to draughts persons, surveyors and other relevant professionals, to ensure that building / renovation processes are compliant with the necessary standards and legal stipulations;
- Advise and participate in the preparation and evaluation of tenders and the preparation and certification of Bills of Quantities related to building / renovation projects within the company;
- Certify payment vouchers for completed works and ensure that these are according to tender specifications and conditions;
- Manage within parameters as delegated contractual and payment variations;
- Advice and guide the CTO and other personnel within the company on architectural-related issues and concerns;
- Provide line management and supervision to staff assigned;
- Attend briefings and meetings as necessary;
- Prepare and present reports and other documentation to Management as requested;
- Perform any other job-related duties as necessary or as assigned.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or other related field;
- Possess a Warrant to practice as Perit as regulated by the provisions of the Periti Act (Cap. 390 of the Laws of Malta);
- Have a good working knowledge of AutoCad and CAD;
- Have a minimum of three years experience working in a technical and/or industrial environment area including building / renovation projects.
- Be attentive to detail;
- Be good in multitasking;
- Be a team player.