Assistant Commercial Property Underwriter
Required SkillsAnalytical Attention to Detail Communication Compliance Insurance and Freight Organizational Problem Solving Promotion Reporting
Our client is a leader in the insurance industry.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with the daily underwriting and processing of commercial property risks across Europe;
- Build your knowledge by learning about the various risks and how to underwrite them effectively and be actively involved in securing new business;
- Reviewing/summarising files, gathering information for the Underwriter and dealing with new enquiries and queries via the telephone and through written contact;
- Be involved in checking policy wording, demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of policy coverage and being able to discuss this confidently with external and internal clients;
- Ensure that systems and records are maintained and updated as required;
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key clients and brokers based across Europe, providing a consistently high level of service.
- Holding a degree or a legal/insurance/property professional qualification;
- Experience in a relevant sector will be considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, European languages desirable;
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to develop business relationships;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail and delivery focus;
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to build strong business relationships with internal and external customers;
- Flexibility in providing help and support for others;
- Builds rapport with colleagues, contributing towards the effectiveness of the team and a cooperative team member;
- Be comfortable in a commercial negotiating environment, have a strong desire to succeed and be willing and able to develop quickly in order to successfully analyse risks, devise commercially viable solutions and manage relationships;
- Show enthusiasm, drive and a positive working attitude.