Assistant Financial Controller (Maltese Speaking)
Required SkillsACCA Bachelor of Accountancy Budgeting English Leadership Maltese Microsoft Office Organisational and Time Management Payroll Teamwork VAT
Our client is a leading local construction firm carrying out civil engineering works, turnkey assignments, project management and restoration works.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the supervision and direction of the finance team members;
- Carry out general accounting duties including data entry;
- Prepare monthly management accounts, monthly reconciliations and other reports as directed;
- Assist in the compilation of budgets and other financial reports as may be required;
- Review and check the monthly payroll computation report;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit file and liaise with the external auditors to ensure the audit timeline is adhered to;
- Prepare VAT returns and other statutory reports as directed;
- Assist in the monitoring and planning of the cash resources to ensure commitments are met when due;
- Follow up work in progress with the Quantity Surveyor team;
- Supervise and control the department’s activities and getting directly involved to solve any problems that may crop up;
- Look for ways on how to improve the present systems and solving any system issues that may arise from time to time;
- Seek and follow advice of superiors when this is deemed necessary;
- Ascertain that all matters regarding finance remains of a confidential nature;
- Assist in the motivation of all the finance staff and to their career development and training.;
- Deal with miscellaneous enquires from other units of the company.
- Hold an accountancy degree/ACCA qualified (or In the process of obtaining ACCA qualification);
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ of experience in a similar role;
- Have experience in accounting packages and MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is a necessity;
- Fluency in both Maltese and English;
- Be able to work flexible hours.
- Be smart, mature and of professional disposition;
- Be capable to work on own initiative;
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills.