Audit and Assurance Manager
Required SkillsAudit Bachelor of Accountancy Communication GAPSME IFRS Leadership Negotiation Problem Solving Project Management Relationships Risk Management Strategy TAX Teamwork Time Management
Our client is a family-owned accounting firm.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage audit engagements by defining the audit strategy in consultation with the managing director and execute it in compliance with company’s policies and procedures;
- Manage and prepare assurance reports for various assurance engagements;
- Participate in or lead special financial projects, such as process improvements, system implementations, preparation of business plans and projections or other financial analysis for strategic decisions;
- Monitor the audit and assurance team’s progress against the plan and alter it when needed;
- Coach and develop people by sharing knowledge with team members and helping team members attain experiences that cultivate technical competencies;
- Assist the management team with reviewing quarterly results and assist with the billing and job profitability analysis;
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/on-the-job training;
- Maintain cooperative relationships with other teams within the company;
- Develop and maintain long-term productive client relationships and networks;
- Cultivate and generate new audit business opportunities;
- Stay up-to-date with accounting regulations, standards, and industry trends to ensure the organization’s remains in line with best practices.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Masters in Accounting, ACCA, or equivalent international qualification;
- Possess 8 years auditing experience, with a focus on managerial or supervisory roles;
- Demonstrate expertise in leading, planning, executing, and reporting on audits;
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements;
- Solid knowledge of auditing principles, practices, and standards including IFRS, ISAs, and GAPSME;
- Proficient in audit software and data analytics tools;
- Experience in tax compliance is considered an asset.
- Strong and proven project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
- Commitment to professional development and continuous learning;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking abilities;
- Excellent grasp of risk and quality and risk management procedures;
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements.