Excellent opportunity to join Betsson Group as our new Business Insight Analyst.
The Business Insight Analyst is a pivotal role within the Betsson Group. Helping guide and support decision making across specific markets, brands, and teams.
The person in this role will need to be a self-starter who takes ownership and is able to prioritise their work in line with business and stakeholder priorities. Passionate about data they will drive change and action through science rather than hunch.
A FLAVOUR OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Ensure key stakeholders are supported with business information. Develop clear and actionable insights and recommendations to promote data-driven decisions.
- Monitor key performance metrics in accordance to set targets, primarily revenues, acquisitions, and player activity. A key part of this task is to forecast and flag underperforming metrics to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Support the market’s Head of Marketing, Managing Director, Head of Products, and other stakeholders within the Commercial teams with weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and analysis to improve performance.
- Conduct regular and ad hoc analysis, with a focus on:
- Financial Analytics – update the management team on budget targets, reporting on which metrics and brands are over and under performing
- Holistic Overview – take the lead in analysing the current market strategy across the entire customer journey with the aim of concluding whether an acceptable return on investment was delivered or not
- Forecasting Analysis – use numbers, trends, and analysis to forecast future KPIs of the markets and brands and support with yearly business planning
- Impact Assessment Analysis – use different analytical techniques to assess the impact on business KPIs if any changes occur in the brands and markets
- Ownership of critical reports, which includes maintaining and building new reports and dashboards.
- Manage the backlog of requests for analysis from the various stakeholders with weekly prioritisation meetings. If development is required, input into the tech roadmap via the product owner.
- Understand the BI needs of the market and the organisation and provide verbal and written analysis / commentary to drive business decisions.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders outside the Commercial area – Business Intelligence, CRM, and Marketing.
- Assist in maintaining data integrity and accuracy by working with BI and other relevant departments across the organization.
- Drive the data agenda by identifying issues and working with relevant teams to resolve.
- Role model the Betsson values through example and behaviour
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Someone with a degree (or equivalent) in one of the quantitative areas, such as Statistics, Maths or Economics.
- Someone with a keen interest in Sports and Casino, that has a deep understanding of sports betting and gaming, as this is important when it comes to providing meaningful insights to the stakeholders.
- Someone with some experience working as a data analyst.
- Someone that is proficient in analysis and interpreting data.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
Key Technical Skills
- Strong Excel and SQL skills
- iGaming business knowledge
- Qliksense, PowerBI or similar data analytics platform knowledge
- Knime and Google Analytics knowledge of benefit but not a must
Key Analytical Skills
- Knows what good looks like. Great at problem solving and critical thinking – highly analytical and knows how to approach and solve business questions providing actionable insight to stakeholders
- Able to grasp complex problems, the business context and place analysis within a goal-oriented setting
- A storyteller that influences decision making. Presents data in a meaningful way – understands the audience and delivers insight in a way that fits their consumption style
- Takes ownership and recognises when to move forward or change processes / behaviours
- Is familiar with marketing and its drivers
- Ability to manage changing priorities and ambiguity is a must
- Has the ability to get things changed using insight and data and not general opinion or hunches!
- Has an affinity for data and is always looking for ways to improve things
- A Positive Mental Attitude is key!
What’s in it for me?
You’ll get the opportunity to work in an international environment, at a 100% digital company that is the market leader within the online gaming industry.
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! We recognize it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.