Business Analyst - Racebets
Outstanding opportunity has opened up with our RaceBets team to join them as their new Business Analyst.
The RaceBets Business Analyst is a pivotal role within Betsson Group. You will help guide and support decision making for RaceBets and horseracing across the Group.
The person in this role will need to be a self-starter who takes ownership and is able to prioritise their work in line with business and stakeholder priorities. Passionate about data they will drive change and action through science rather than hunch.
A FLAVOUR OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Ensure RaceBets key stakeholders are supported with business information, insights, and recommendations to optimise business decisions.
- Monitor RaceBets key performance metrics in accordance to set targets, primarily revenues, acquisitions, and player activity. A key part of this task is to forecast and flag underperforming metrics to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Support the Head of RaceBets, and other horse racing stakeholders within the Commercial teams with daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and analysis.
- Conduct regular and ad hoc analysis, with a focus on:
- Financial Analytics – update the RaceBets team on budget targets, reporting on which metrics and countries are over and under performing
- Holistic overview and enhancements – take the lead in analysing the current market strategy across the entire customer journey within horse racing with the aim of concluding whether an acceptable return on investment was delivered or not
- Understand the BI needs of the horse racing product, market and the organisation and provide verbal and written analysis / commentary to drive business decisions.
- Collaborate with various horse racing stakeholders outside the Commercial area – Business Intelligence, RaceBets internal IT, CRM, and Marketing.
- Ownership of mission critical reports, which includes maintaining and building new reports.
- Assist in maintaining data integrity and accuracy by working with RaceBets internal IT.
- Drive the data agenda by identifying issues and working with relevant teams to resolve.
- Role model the Betsson values through example and behaviour.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
Key Technical Skills
- Strong Excel and VBA skills
- iGaming business knowledge
- Qliksense, PowerBI or similar data analytics platform knowledge
- Google Analytics knowledge of benefit but not a must
Key Analytical Skills
- Knows what good looks like. Great at problem solving and critical thinking – highly analytical and knows how to approach and solve business questions providing actionable insight to horse racing stakeholders
- Able to grasp complex problems, the business context and place analysis within a goal-oriented setting
- A storyteller that influences decision making. Presents data in a meaningful way – understands the audience and delivers insight in a way that fits their consumption style
- Takes ownership and recognises when to move forward or change processes / behaviours
- Is familiar with marketing and its drivers
- A keen interest in sports, especially horse racing is highly desired but not essential.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and ambiguity is a must
- Has the ability to get things changed using insight and data and not general opinion or hunches!
- Has an affinity for data and is always looking for ways to improve things
- A Positive Mental Attitude is key!