Chemist Material Scientist
Required SkillsChemistry Communication Good Manufacturing Practice Manufacturing Procedural Project Management Report Writing Reporting Research Laboratory Strategy
Our client develops materials and technologies to solve problems in additive manufacturing.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Refinement of the underlying physico-chemical phenomena leading to the auxetic character;
- Continuing to scale the process to industrial level scales;
- Developing different grades and densities of foam;
- In conjunction with the rest of the team, adapting the material properties based on customer feedback;
- Plan and conduct experimental protocols to create new formulations and analyse their impact on the final product’s performance;
- Formulate multi-component mixtures and use them to produce small batches of auxetic polyurethane foams;
- Conduct standardised testing to establish the performance of the products;
- Communicate project status and findings to all levels of the organization;
- Develop project timelines and execute according to plan and resource budgets;
- Work independently to perform research where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of various identifiable factors in one or more areas;
- Document work in notebooks, reports, and manuscripts, adhering to applicable regulations and ensuring that records and raw data are accurately retained.
- Minimum of A Master’s degree in Material Science, Polymer Science, Chemistry or related fields); a PhD will be considered an asset;
- Experience in research is required;
- At least 4 years’ of relevant industry experience in quality is preferred with a Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 2 years’ of industry experience is preferred with a Master’s degree;
- Experience in material qualifications and testing methodology is considered a plus;
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills;
- Highly meticulous and able to accurately record results;
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Proactive and have exceptional follow-through.