Compliance Officer & MLRO
Required SkillsAML Analytical CFT Compliance MFSA Training
Our client is a leading company in financial services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Report to the Board of Directors;
- Focus on Malta related compliance and AML related tasks in what is a rapidly developing business;
- Ensuring that client due diligence is collected to the appropriate standard to comply with the regulatory and legal requirements in Malta;
- Undertaking compliance monitoring following the compliance monitoring plan to ensure that the company remains compliant with all applicable regulatory and AML/CFT requirements;
- Assisting with the preparation and updating of internal policies and procedures continuing to ensure compliance with local regulatory standards;
- Monitoring the MFSA and FIAU website for the release of revised standards and guidance.
- Updating compliance and AML Manuals and ensuring that they remain compliant with local regulatory requirements.
- Preparing and submitting all of the relevant regulatory reporting to the MFSA and FIAU as required.
- Providing support and training to the staff related to compliance and AML matters.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in financial services, in a Compliance Team environment, is required;
- Experience in managing a team;
- Hold qualifications related to Compliance;
- Must have acted in the capacity as Compliance Officer and MLRO or Deputy MLRO of a Malta regulated entity.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; able to solve complex problems collaboratively;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in various business areas, written and verbal forms; and related securities rules and regulations;
- Ability to identify regulatory issues and work independently to develop solutions;
- Self-directed and motivated;
- Energetic and eager to learn new tasks and skills.