Core - Release Engineer
Are you a Release Engineer ready for the next challenge? Our Core Area within Product Development is now hiring! The Core Area is the engine behind Betsson’s brands. We handle centralised content, customer insights, our internal tools, our frameworks which other areas use, even our product releases and centralised tools we build for our brands. Its diverse, multi skilled, and above all, a great team.
Product Development is the largest organisation in Betsson Group, with teams across Malta, Stockholm, Budapest, Tallinn and more!
Within product development, we have different Areas where teams focus on providing the best experience when it comes to the different journeys our customers take on our sites. Our teams are structured in end-to-end feature teams, to ensure as an organisation we are delivering the best quality as quickly as possible!
We are looking to expand our team in the CORE Area. The CORE Area is the engine behind Betsson’s brands. Within the area we drive the frameworks that empower the other areas to achieve their goals. We also deal with a centralized content delivery system, customer insights, our internal facing tools, product releases and centralized tools we build for our brands. It's a diverse, multi skilled area full of great people with a growth mindset
A taster of what you will be involved with
- Work closely with product development areas and coordinate the release of our flagship frontend product powering betsson.com, betsafe.com and many other major brands
- Actively work on technical improvements to our tools and release delivery mechanisms
- Drive release planning sessions and determine scope, schedules and impediments for a release cycle
- Oversee the smooth implementation of release cycle activity milestones
- Govern release scope changes and act as a gatekeeper
- Communicate release activity and milestone achievements to product development
- Support and deliver hotfixes and changes where needed
- Work closely with change managers for the delivery of releases, RCA’s and improving the process holistically
- Work with commercial stakeholders to plan for upcoming important release goals
- Actively maintaining and improving the release process
- We believe simplicity is king and so you'd need to actively seek to simplify and automate the release process
- Work with Core area to form an overall vision and roadmap
- Monitor, maintain and constantly optimize our CI/CD pipelines
- Monitor system stability through means of logging, monitoring tools etc.
- Support the Core teams in delivering architectural technical solutions to improve the products delivery
- Document and knowledge share our processes and tools to the department
- Be the ambassadors of proper release management and technical solutions to deliver our products
Must be skilled with
- CI/CD Pipelines through Github Actions
- Managing GitHub Actions (design, control, debug, custom logic)
- Source control GIT, Github Administration and GitFlow
- Experience working with NodeJS, Yaml, .NetCore, Docker etc.
- Automating procedures, tools and functions
- NPM Package Management
- Scripting methods (BASH, Powershell etc)
- Typical CI/CD for .NET, JS/TS projects, including services needed (e.g. TeamCity, GitHub Actions, CircleCI etc)
- Professional communication skills both in speaking and in writing
- Ability to organise own assignments, proactively resolve obstacles, clear decisions making while ensuring alignment within the teams
- Being a team player, experience working in agile-like environment is a plus (should be comfortable working with either kanban or scrum)
Good to know
- Cloud systems (AWS, K8s, Terraform, CloudFront, Rancher, EDGE etc)
- Monitoring and logging tools such as Grafana, ELK and Splunk
- Site performance monitoring, analysis and debugging
- Single page applications (e.g Angular, React etc)
- Scripting methods for AWS and Networking
- Programming languages such as Typescript, VannillaJS, Python, C# etc.
- Grafana, ELK and Splunk knowledge