Corporate and Compliance Executive
Required SkillsAttention to Detail Bachelors Degree in Law Compliance Corporate Services Due Diligence English Management Microsoft Office Monitoring Risk Risk Assessment Risk Management Self-motivation Teamwork Time Management Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading organisation in private clients and corporate services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for administration and maintenance of a portfolio of companies;
- Attend corporate client meetings and the keeping of minutes;
- Maintain company registers;
- Co-ordinate and handle day-to-day client requests in relation to their companies;
- Prepare and submit statutory filings as well as performing other statutory obligations as is required of a company secretary;
- Liaise with lawyers, accountants, auditors and other service providers on behalf of the corporate clients;
- Collect and verify due diligence conducted as part of our know your client procedures;
- Implement in-house client acceptance requirements;
- Re-evaluate clients in line with our quality and risk management policies;
- Liaise with relevant departments to address, advice and gather the necessary information on queries to comply with AML / CFT procedures, including compliance checks;
- Update records, including the upkeep of physical files and electronic systems;
- Monitor and manage risk controls and advise management accordingly;
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures.
- Be a newly graduated lawyer or hold a first degree;
- A good understanding of Maltese company law and the role of a company secretary;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Have a good knowledge of Office applications;
- Whilst prior experience in a similar position is required, on the job training will be provided to persons with the right skills and attitude.
- Ability to multi-task while working independently;
- Attention to detail;
- Communication skills;
- Be a team-player;
- Time-management skills.