Our Data Team is looking for a Data Engineer to make a difference in the further development of our Data Warehouse solutions, designing and developing our data platform for the business needs. You will have an opportunity to make a difference in the development of our Data Platform
In this role, you will contribute in designing and developing our platform to fulfil the business needs and to also improve our systems. You will have the chance to design new data pipelines, maintain platforms hosted both on premise and cloud, manage real-time API integrations and apply transformations on data streams for batch-loading and real-time visualisations.
For any Technical Data wiz out there, Betsson Group is the next step! This is the perfect environment to put your skills to the test by building a consolidated Data Platform with innovative features and most importantly joining a bunch of talented and fun group of people.
What's in it for you:
- Maintaining and evolving our existing data platform;
- Involved in data integrations which includes internal data, 3rd parties, and also migrations;
- Ingestion of streaming data and applying transformations to data streams;
- Being involved in data modelling following data standards such as Inmon and Kimball
- Ensuring data quality by verifying data consistency and accuracy;
- Keeping up to date on research and development of new technologies and techniques to enhance our data platform;
- Collaborating with the Data DevOps, Business Intelligence and other multi-disciplined teams within Betsson;
- Comfortable working in an agile environment involving SDLC;
- Familiar with the change and release management process;
- Have an investigative mindset to be able to troubleshoot – thinking outside the box when it comes to troubleshooting problems and incident management;
- Full ownership on projects and tasks assigned together with being able to work within a Team;
- Able to document well processes and perform knowledge sharing sessions.
What we are looking for:
- SQL -> PLSQL, T-SQL, Analytical function;
- Scripting -> PowerShell, Unix Scripting;
- Knowledge or familiarity of distributed computing like Spark and streaming frameworks like kafka;
- Have a good understanding of data warehouse and ETL concepts;
- Have a good understanding of Big Data and cloud technologies like AWS and Snowflake;
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good learning mind-set;
- Have the ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects;
- Have development experience in both Microsoft, Linux or cloud environment;
- Have experience with data Integration tools and data warehousing concepts;
- Be familiar with any Programming Languages like .NET, Java, Python, Scala;
- Be experienced and knowledgeable in core database development tuning techniques;
- Familiar with software versioning tools like Git;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
We offer numerous challenges where your skills will be put to good use! We encourage innovation, independence and celebrate success where you will be part of multi-cultural and diverse company, with people from all over the world.
Check out the Betsson Group Blog to find out what our employees are talking about