Required SkillsAttention to Detail English MCSA MS Azure OCA Powershell SQL Database Teamwork Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading IT services provider.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Installation and maintenance of the performance of database servers;
- Development of processes for optimizing database security;
- Setting and maintaining database standards;
- Management of database access;
- Performance tuning of database systems;
- Installation, upgrade, and management of database applications;
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting of database errors;
- Recommendation and implementation of emerging database technologies;
- Creation and management of database reports, visualizations, and dashboards;
- Creating automation for repeating database tasks;
- Writing clear and precise technical documentation;
- Keeping abreast with latest developments within your segment.
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science or a relevant field;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in database administration and architecture;
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools;
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modelling;
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills;
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments;
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MS SQL, Oracle and MySQL);
- Excellent knowledge of both Oracle and Ms SQL backup and recovery scenarios.
- Must be an excellent team player and responds well to constructive feedback;
- Fluent use of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Availability for on-call support as needed.