Required SkillsAPIs AWS Communication Linux PHP Python Teamwork Web Services
Our clients is a daily newspaper in Malta.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Introduce processes, tools, and methodologies to balance needs throughout the software development life cycle, from coding and deployment to maintenance and updates;
- Driving the unification and automation of processes;
- Be instrumental in combining code, application maintenance and management, striving to deliver high-quality, fully functional and tested software;
- Development and maintenance of existing technologies powering our flagship website;
- Be involved in improving the architecture of our backend systems;
- Make the systems more resilient, scalable and better performing;
- Be an active developer contributing to the design and optimisation of new modules to complement an already extensively developed content management system.
- Holding a degree in Software Engineering is a plus;
- At least 5 years' DevOps experience;
- A minimum of 3 years' experience with CI/CD;
- At least 3 years' experience with configuration management tools;
- At least 2 years' experience with LXD/LXC;
- Experience with Linux system administration;
- Experience with AWS or another public cloud provider;
- Excellent working knowledge of Git;
- Experience working in agile teams, both local and remote;
- Experience with Juju and also working with modern API based PHP applications utilising CakePHP, Laravel or Symfony will be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills;
- A methodological approach to troubleshooting;
- DevOps mindset;
- Be a team player with an eye for detail;
- Ability to quickly assess and address incidents and escalate as necessary;
- Keen on improving product reliability, performance and scalability.