Required SkillsBackups Docker Kubernetes Maintenance tasks Monitoring Network Administration PostgreSQL Python Strategic Thinking
Our client is leading communications services company.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with the software delivery cycle focusing primarily on database administration and integration with CI/CD pipelines;
- Monitor, maintain and improve the governance of existing databases (Oracle / MySQL / MSSQL);
- Work closely with software development team to understand requirements and aid the development of the solution accordingly;
- Suggest tools for increased productivity, security, reliability, and performance;
- Maintain and develop tools for performance monitoring using Grafana/ Prometheus or similar tools;
- Execution of routine tasks, such as database backups, disaster recovery procedures, SQL optimisation and security patching;
- Assist the team in researching new open-source technologies, building proof of concepts and introducing new technologies to support applications;
- Analyse problems, identify and understand application requirements and perform any SQL optimisations required to support the underlying applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field;
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience in database administration;
- Experience in working with RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL, PostgreSQL & MSSQL and will be considered as an asset;
- Experience in working with Windows and Linux operating systems is considered an asset;
- Experience with scripting using bash and python is considered an asset;
- Good working knowledge of virtualisation and infrastructure technologies such as vMware, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Strong understanding of network protocols and client-server communication;
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills;
- Strong creativity, problems solving skills and ability to apply original thinking to produce new ideas and innovative solutions;
- Strong collaboration skills that enable coordination of activities between technical teams;
- Willingness to track, assess and incorporate practices and technology developments into day-to-day working;
- Ability to acquire new knowledge and learn new skills rapidly;
- Good communications skills, verbal and written in English.