Electro Mechanical Technician (Maltese Speaking)
Required SkillsAttention to Detail Electrical Electronic English Maltese Mechanical Problem Solving
Our client is a leading player in the security sector.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Diagnose and repair faults both electrically and mechanically on fire fighting systems both land-based and marine-based;
- Installs inspect and carry out necessary repairs on fire fighting systems both land and marine-based;
- Maintains, inspects and carries out necessary repairs on suppression systems both land and marine-based;
- Inspects and carries out necessary repairs on fire detection systems both land and marine-based;
- Inspects and tests high-pressure cylinders both land and marine-based;
- Installs maintain and carry out necessary repairs on lightning protection;
- Inspects and tests fire extinguishers both land and marine-based;
- Tests and refills breathing apparatus;
- Diagnoses errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions;
- Ensures that all equipment required is according to the job card, client exigencies, and system limitations;
- Compiles timely and proper documentation for any service or installation conducted by completing necessary forms, reports, logs, and records as per departmental procedures;
- Provides clear handing over to the client and closes off required paperwork at the end of the visit;
- Makes recommendations for improvements and upgrades to clients on-site and pass on proposals to sales executives;
- Builds positive relationships with customers, applies excellent customer care at all times and oversees the preservation of both the clients’ and company’s property and equipment;
- Is aware of electrical, mechanical and chemical health and safety issues; also understand appropriate manual handling techniques;
- Attends any training provided by the company and sits for the respective assessments accordingly;
- Follows all company’s filed procedures and protocols;
- Any other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
- Preferably MQF Level 5 Diploma or MQF Level 4 Certificate in Electrical/ Mechanical subjects;
- Electrical Licence A and B;
- Knowledge and experience in the service field may be considered as an asset.
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English and Maltese;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Demonstrates confidence in his/her ability;
- Thorough analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Holds a respectful, courtesy and a positive attitude;
- Able to understand technical diagrams and manuals;
- Possess a valid driving license.