Required SkillsAttention to Detail Budgeting Coaching Monitoring Organisational and Time Management Reporting Strategy Target Setting TAX Tax Returns Teamwork VAT Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a diverse professional corporate services firm.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the finance function of a local group of companies operating in varied industries, including construction, real estate and tourism;
- Reporting to the CFO;
- Managing the group’s finance team, monitoring performance and ensuring high levels of quality and efficiencies;
- Participating in strategic financial management and in the presentation of financial reports to board members, stakeholders and executives;
- Preparing KPI reports, cash flow analysis, budget analysis and other ad-hoc financial reports;
- Re-assessing and improving structure, systems and processes;
- Compiling consolidated accounts;
- Reviewing and finalizing management accounts and VAT returns;
- Assisting team members and reviewing their work where appropriate;
- Liaising with banks, authorities and auditors as applicable.
- ACCA qualified or equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience. Previous experience within a similar managerial role or within a construction company will be highly preferred;
- Excellent command of accounting standards, Maltese VAT and income tax legislation.
- Able to work against deadlines, and deliver in a timely manner;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team