Financial Controller (Maltese Speaking)
Required SkillsAccount Management Accounts Communication English Financial Statements Maltese Payments Payroll Reconciliation Report Writing TAX VAT Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is part of an important group of companies with interests in the Healthcare sector.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting directly to the CEO;
- Oversee day-to-day book-keeping, invoice control, customer billing, accounts receivable, inventory management and processing of bank transactions;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including the necessary reconciliation statements, accruals, prepayments, etc.;
- Gaining a detailed understanding of all the operational and commercial aspects of the business and being able to interpret the financial results and relate them to management’s expectations, identifying areas of concern and investigating exceptions at source;
- Making full use of the company’s financial reporting systems and Business Intelligence reports and using these tools to drill down into the necessary level of detail to explain the numbers in a clear and concise manner;
- Developing the monthly management pack and presenting it to senior management on a monthly basis;
- Monthly payroll processing including related filings with the relevant authorities;
- Preparation of VAT and income tax returns and management of tax payments/refunds;
- Preparation of annual financial statements and liaising with auditors in relation to the annual audit of the financial statements;
- Reviewing accounts payable, stocks and debtors and managing related cash flows and working capital;
- Preparation of an annual budget and subsequent reforecasts, as necessary;
- Overseeing the preparation and delivery of financial information for the rest of the Group;;
- Assisting the CEO in evaluating business opportunities across the group including pricing of significant business transactions, potential investments and business combinations, financing opportunities and other strategic business decisions;
- Assisting the CEO in managing the banking relationship including the compilation of financial information for bank proposals, liaising with bank managers and pro-actively managing the Group’s cash flow and working capital requirements;
- Finance function to allow management to analyse results and cash flows and manage the business accordingly;
- Other Group requirements in relation to finance as may be the case from time to time.
- Holding a relevant qualification;
- Proven experience in the finance field;
- Holding a strong general finance background ranging from basic book-keeping to management accounting, budgeting, board reporting and financial statements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Maltese;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Be comfortable dealing with customers, vendors, banks, auditors, etc.;
- Be an energetic and focussed self-starter who can work on own initiative;
- Have an advanced level of proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft office tools;
- Good understanding of VAT and general tax compliance;
- Be practical and goal oriented.