Fixed Networks Engineer
Required SkillsAnalytical CCNA Communication Driving License Electrical Electrical Engineering Information Technology LPIC-1 Networking Oral Communication Organizational Python Telecommunications
Our client is leading communications services company.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible in engineering and operating fixed products delivering broadband internet, telephony and tv services to customer;
- Focus on developing the processes and automations required to keep fixed services running efficiently;
- Develop and maintain device management tools for remote management and troubleshooting;
- Work in a team environment sharing responsibilities for researching network solutions, evaluating technical possibilities, building and running network services and documenting procedures;
- Liaise with other Technology teams within the Networks and IT departments to help deliver and run new products;
- Collaborate with the Business and Marketing Units when developing new solutions;
- Manage the relationship with 3rd party companies engaged to provide support as well as network vendors;
- Gather problem symptoms and carry out the necessary root cause analysis to identify and solve operational issues;
- Help with the management of tasks assigned to a team of technicians providing support for fixed consumer and business services;
- Carry the above duties outside office hours where deemed necessary.
- Hold an MQF Level 6 certification in Electrical Engineering or ICT;
- Have a good understanding of engineering and networking concepts;
- Hold a CCNA and LPIC-1 certifications or willing to obtain them;
- Competent in coding and scripting, such as Python will be considered an asset;
- Hold a valid driving license.
- Have an analytical approach;
- Have strong troubleshooting skills;
- Strong organisational and communication skills.