Front End Engineer - Data Tracking Specialist
Our Data Team is looking for a Front End Engineer with skills/interest in Data Tracking solutions. Within the Data Area you will also have the opportunity to be part of the team contributing to the overall Data Platform of Betsson.
At Betsson Group, we strive to offer the best employee experience in the gaming industry and beyond. When becoming a Betssonite an employee is instantly immersed in the One Betsson spirit and gets to work and collaborate with smart, creative, and talented individuals who are passionate about what they do. We offer an international, fun, and diverse environment with a strong company culture. We encourage work life balance, drive innovation and sense of belonging through our great leaders, and provide ample opportunities for growth and career development.
As a Data Tracking Specialist, you will be responsible for administering and tracking configurations through Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics while offering central support to multiple stakeholders on-site / product development and marketing. Contribute also for the overall technical support and management of the various experimentation and A/B testing tools used at Betsson. This is very important to build a data-driven mindset and help to increase conversion and executing complex experiments to improve customer experience.
A taster of what you will be involved with
You are the go-to person for all tag management and data tracking operations across our digital advertising and partner websites
- Full ownership of Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager
- Creating and implementing advanced tagging and tracking across brands
- Architect, configure, administer, and operate GA to measure micro and macro conversions and behaviour tracking in all stages of the funnels
- Work to flow collected front end data to the central Data Platform
- Collaborate effectively with web analysts, release engineers, test engineers, agile coaches and stakeholders to deliver great products (Web and Mobile/Native)
- Working closely with development teams to QA tracking setups on features and new site releases to ensure data continuity and fluid data analysis.
- Support site optimization initiatives, implement data standardization practices via Google Optimize or similar tools
- Perform hands-on, end-to-end development of all A/B tests that need to be developed that drive improvements in customer experience and conversion rates.
- As part of the Data team, you will gain experience on Data Engineering practices, like Data Warehousing, Data Modelling and ETL processes. Such knowledge will be considered an asset.
You’re good at
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role or Front-End development or QA engineering
- Experience working with a data layer will be considered an asset
- Experience with Tag Management solutions such Google Tag Manager will be considered an asset
- Experience with de-bugger solutions such as Google Tag Assistant will be considered an asset
- Experience with Web Analytics solutions such as Google Analytics, Firebase, etc will be considered an asset
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of third-party marketing pixels will be considered an asset
- Strong understanding of data and data relationships would be an advantage
- An attribution model knowledge would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of SQL would be an advantage
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business of 75% millennial, 10% GeX, 60+ nationalities, equal opportunity employer where 40% of our workforce are women and growing. More than 2000 strong professionals spread across 13 offices with up to 1000 of them based in our Malta HQ alone, which is where you will be based for this role. Furthermore, we offer 10 days per year of remote work from any EU location.
We offer a hybrid working model which gives our Betssonites the best of two worlds: 2 days working from the office to connect and collaborate in person and 3 days working from home to reflect our employee's preference.
We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator, and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
Click here to find out more on who we are looking for