Head of Compliance
Required SkillsAML Client Relations Compliance CRS MFSA Monitoring Risk analysis Training
Our client is a modern, sophisticated legal practice.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting to the Chairperson;
- Responsible for the implementation and management of all aspects of compliance and AML / KYC processes within the organization;
- Preparing and delivering internal reports to the and senior management;
- Co-ordinating all regulatory reporting to the MFSA, MBR, FIAU, NSO and other regulatory or governmental entities;
- Ensuring the company’s compliance with internal and external compliance and AML requirements;
- Drafting, maintaining, assessing and updating suitable compliance and AML frameworks, communicating them to staff and providing or coordinating all necessary training;
- Designing and implementing standard procedures aimed at facilitating compliance;
- Developing and implementing the company’s compliance monitoring program;
- Monitoring, managing and overseeing compliance processes;
- Acting as MLRO and compliance officer for the organization;
- Developing and overseeing client onboarding processes;
- Keeping updated on developments in the legal and regulatory framework any contributions to the shaping of such industry-wide policies through the appropriate industry and pressure groups;
- Maintaining the business risk assessment and reporting significant risks to the Partners, Directors and senior management;
- The first contact person for the company for any compliance issues;
- Developing and delivering adequate AML training to staff members.
- A minimum of 5 years' compliance experience in a similar role, within a legal, banking, financial services and/or corporate services environment;
- Strong regulatory background;
- Preferably already be recognized as ‘fit and proper’ by the MFSA (PQ’d);
- Hold suitable compliance qualifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Extensive knowledge of AML, FATCA and CRS and the regulatory frameworks for law firms, CSPs and Trustees;
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization;
- Ability to prioritize and deliver within tight time frames;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.