HR and Payroll Assistant
Required SkillsAttention to Detail Communication Computer Correspondence Employee Relations English Good Phone Manner Human Resources Maltese Payroll Teamwork Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with the employee engagement, registration, and termination processes;
- Supporting HR and payroll-related queries;
- Archive terminated employees by scanning relevant documents and filing electronically;
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential;
- Collect data and assist with the computing of employee payroll within the established deadlines;
- Chase employees to apply for social security and tax numbers;
- Process maternity fund claims;
- Update internal databases such as employees’ data (such as benefits eligibility, insurance coverage, changes in role/department, salaries, promotions etc), sick or maternity leave, annual leave, etc;
- Keep educated and informed on the latest employment law of Malta;
- Have a good understanding of Fringe Benefit Rules;
- Assist with filing of the monthly FS5 and annual FS7 and able to independently reconcile balances;
- Support with the inputting of the monthly payroll records for the Group onto the accounting software;
- Help with the preparation of relevant reports for management on monthly, quarterly, and year-end basis;
- Handle all general and employee-related administration work;
- Submit NSO questionnaires;
- Take on any other projects as agreed with the Management;
- Receive and action internal and external incoming calls;
- Reply to emails in a timely manner, both internal and external;
- Maintain a complete log of the assigned tasks to ensure contingency and consistency;
- Assist with any necessary preparation for in house training programs;
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to health, hygiene, and fire-safety.
- Hold a minimum of an O-Level standard of education.
- Experience in a similar role would be considered an asset.
- Basic knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge of payroll policies and procedures will be considered an asset;
- Fluent in both Maltese and English languages.
- Be a team player and appreciate collaboration;
- Be able to manage competing priorities and deliver outputs within strict deadlines;
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills.