IT Systems Administrator
Required SkillsCommunication Documentation Jira Network Administration Office 365 Organizational Server Infrastructure
Our client is a leading company in the hospitality, development and construction sectors.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the company’s IT infrastructure, including the data centres, DR, physical network, and server applications and software;
- Handle the design, administration and documentation of systems and services such as servers, storage area networks, wired/wireless networking, virtual infrastructure, routers, firewalls, databases, VOIP systems and security;
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans for the company’s infrastructure;
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation;
- Assist with regular hardware procurement, involved in recommendations and negotiations with suppliers;
- Perform installations, upgrades, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and fine-tuning of production and office systems;
- Provide technical support to the business units daily that complies with the company’s IT Service Management standards;
- Research, develop and implement new technology initiatives;
- Actively participate in the decision process for the introduction of new systems and infrastructure-related projects;
- Train team members on existing and new technologies;
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required;
- Perform any further duties as may be required by the company from time to time.
- Holding a Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or Cisco Certified Network Associate or Professional CCNA/ CCNP highly desired;
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar role;
- Exposure to technologies such as Jira, Office 365 and 3CX;
- Able to manage and maintain a Windows Server AD infrastructure, sites and services;
- Managing Citrix / Terminal Server installations;
- Managing server virtualisation technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server;
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or Professional – CCNA/ CCNP;
- Knowledge of Network Security (Firewalls, Access Control, NAT, VPN, Mikrotik);
- Working knowledge on Microsoft Azure/ AWS;
- LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, etc.).
- Good communication and documentation skills;
- Knowledgeable in server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV;
- Extremely proficient with troubleshooting hardware, software, operating systems, and network issues;
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
- Must be organized and have the ability to assist in different projects;
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently;
- Must be a team player.