IT Systems Support Specialist
Required SkillsAfter Sales Service CCNA Network Administration Office Software Applications Server Infrastructure
Our client is a leading importer and distributor of computer software and solution.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Administer clients’ switches, routers, Wi-Fi access points, etc, storage systems and servers;
- Maintaining computer networks and solving any problems that may occur;
- Installing and configuring new networks, server, and storage systems;
- Identify and solve problems that arise with servers, computer networks, and storage systems;
- Organise and support clients’ server infrastructure, LANs and WANs, and storage systems;
- Handle IT incidents and service requests;
- Incident logging through the service desk application, effective troubleshooting and gathering of the required information to manage the workload and escalations;
- Ensure that SLAs are correctly set and met;
- Communicate effectively between departments to provide sales people with information to maximise sales depending on clients’ needs;
- Ensuring that disruption from major incidents is minimised and solutions are implemented on time;
- Provide after-hours on-call support for business disrupting incidents;
- Billing customers for services provided.
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Must have a valid driving license;
- At least 2 years of experience in server management and network administration;
- Experience working in a service desk environment;
- Knowledge of network environments, installation, configuration and maintenance of office networks, enterprise hardware, especially storage solutions;
- Knowledge of Windows environment and administration (Active Directory, software installations, remote desktop assistance);
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot and diagnose the cause of issues in a complex environment and to provide effective solutions quickly (our clients are business users and technical specialists).
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Must be a quick learner and must also be willing to improve his / her skills continuously;
- A well-organised person;
- Able to multi-task;
- Experience in managing brand-name storage solutions;
- Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative.