We are looking for a Java Developer to help us build the best online gaming site and by best we mean it’s accessible, responsive, performance-friendly, scalable and test-driven. This is a great opportunity to join a tech hub for an international gaming company.
We contribute to the development of an online gaming platform built on top of microservices with stability, high performance and user experience being the top priority. The client-side is a multi-device web solution which is rich in modern frontend technologies such as React and Redux to maximize the customers’ experience. On the server-side, the business logic is proprietary developed java code together with open source frameworks and external integration modules.
The database is a MySQL cluster with distributed and dedicated report servers and data warehouse. We are also using MongoDB for internal services and Kafka as an event bus. Our test environment lives on Kubernetes Engine at GCP. We are continuously looking for new technologies and innovative solutions to use in order to offer a very competitive gaming experience for our customers.
You will work with the game of chance domain of the platform and through all stages of the development process in an agile team. As a Backend Developer, you will work closely in a cross-functional team including frontend developers, testers and product owners in the organisation to develop and implement new features.
- Excellent command of “spoken” English
- 5+ years of development experience in Java
- Strong understanding of Microservice Architecture
- Hands-on experience in Spring Boot, MySql, MongoDB and Kafka.
- Solid experience in agile methodologies
Desired Skills (Nice to have):
- Experience in a global working environment
- Jersey + Guice
- CI/CD: Jenkins or similar.
- Docker and Kubernetes.
- AWS and/or Google Cloud.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonuses
- Being in an international team working with the UK, Sweden and Malta
- Flexible vacation periods and +5 bonus vacation days to your legal annual leave rights (including the first year)
- Budget for international conferences
- Good hardware options to work with (2 external monitors, standing desk option, etc.)
- Dealing with new technologies
- Flexible and relaxed working environment
- Kitchen and open fridge for breakfast, cookies, fruits, mostly organic food
- Central location access to the subway, main bus routes and highway
- Good coffee and best ciders
- During the pandemic period, we have been working remotely from home, providing you with office chairs and monitors. After pandemic times we are planning to switch to a Hybrid Office model where we can mix remote and on-site work during the week