Required SkillsAccounts Attention to Detail Bank Reconciliation Cash Floats Company Accounts English IFRS Invoicing Management Accounts Multi-Tasking Organisational and Time Management Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leader in the insurance industry.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the completion of daily administrative work;
- Ensure all deadlines are respected;
- Assist with monthly closing, reconciliations and other reporting;
- Handle accounts payable and receivable ledger;
- Check invoices for inaccuracies;
- Reconcile accounts with general ledger;
- Handle general account queries;
- Perform bank transfers on a timely basis;
- Prepare Bank reconciliations and analysis of all discrepancies;
- Prepare VAT reporting and reconciliation;
- Prepare monthly Advices for insurance receivables and payables;
- Upload of monthly Advices on DocInfo;
- Prepare Transfer order forms for monthly Commission, Premium Taxes Payable and Claims;
- Prepare Transfer order forms for payments between own accounts;
- Maintan intercompany recharging activity;
- Liaise with auditors during interim and year-end audits on tasks owned;
- Assist in other ad-hoc tasks.
- Currently undertaking the ACCA certification or equivalent qualification;
- Good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS);
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications especially Microsoft Excel;
- Previous experience in a similar working environment;
- Previous experience in auditing or the insurance industry would be considered an asset, although not a requirement.
- Attentive to detail;
- Good at multi-tasking;
- A good team player and understands the necessity of keeping up within a fast paced, growing international work environment;
- Self-motivated and can work on own initiative and under minimal supervision;
- Be dedicated, results-oriented and with a can do attitude;
- Have good time-management and able to prioritise and manage different tasks.