Junior Audit and Accounting Officer
Required SkillsACCA Audit Bachelor of Accountancy Communication English Maltese Microsoft Office Teamwork
Our client is a Boutique Accountancy and Audit Firm.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Performing accounting and audit-related tasks for a portfolio of clients;
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with client personnel and meet client and firm deadlines;
- Handling daily book-keeping duties including maintaining the general ledgers;
- Responsible for maintaining the accounting records;
- Deal with any queries from staff regarding payroll;
- Preparation of regular management accounts for a portfolio of international holding and trading entities;
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns;
- Tax reporting, payments and liaising with tax authorities;
- Liaising and supporting external auditors;
- Performing other Audit and Accounting engagements.
- Holding an A level standard in Accounting;
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role;
- Qualified in ACCA or equivalent will be considered an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Maltese will be a plus;
- Possess a positive approach and strong communication skills;
- Responsibility for his/her own work;
- Show initiative;
- Be organised and accurate in his/her work;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Possess a good working knowledge of MS applications.