Lawyer – Dispute Resolution (Maltese Speaking)
Required SkillsAnalytical Attention to Detail Contract Negotiation English Law Maltese Microsoft Office Organisational and Time Management Self-motivation
Our client is a leading law firm.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Take an active participation in handling complex disputes across a range of industries and disciplines including, civil and commercial law disputes as well as representing clients before the Maltese Courts or in Arbitration;
- Assist in the negotiation and settlement of commercial and civil law disputes;
- Provide legal advisory services to the clients of the firm on aspects of civil and commercial law;
- Work with team members and manage client relationships, under the supervision of the partners of the firm responsible for the Dispute Resolution practice areas;
- Assist with drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements;
- Liaise with professional advisors and regulatory bodies;
- Conduct legal research on various points of law and providing consolidated legal opinions on queries;
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Hold a Law degree from the University of Malta (Doctor of Laws or Master of Advocacy), with a warrant to practice under Maltese law;
- Ideally have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Detailed understanding of Maltese Civil and Commercial Law;
- Previously acted on behalf of clients before the Maltese Courts;
- Fluency in Maltese and English, both written and verbal;
- Be IT literate, with experience and good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other major software applications.
- Be deadline driven, with a proactive approach;
- Be self-motivated and able to deliver tasks with high attention to detail;
- Willing to follow training and focus on continuing professional development;
- Have strong interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to perform under pressure;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Excellent analytical and research skills;
- Have strong drafting skills;
- Be ready to work within a team in a friendly environment and collaborate as necessary with other colleagues within the firm.