Required SkillsCommunication Health and Safety Inspection Maintenance tasks Problem Solving
Our client is a leading player in the security sector.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for installing fire fighting pipes (steel pipes varying from 1” up to 6”), fixtures using clamps, screws, bolts, and other plumbing used for water-based systems in commercial and industrial buildings;
- Liaise with direct manager/team leader for daily works and planned works;
- Compile timely and proper documentation for any service and installation conducted by completing necessary forms, reports, logs, and records as per departmental procedures;
- Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place;
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines;
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools;
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks;
- Assemble and install as per shop drawings;
- Study building plans and inspects structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions;
- Freehand update of as-fitted drawings;
- Handle day-to-day issues on site as they arise and resolving problems.
- Experience in a similar role is required.
- Proficiency in English both verbal and written;
- Possess good communication skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment;
- Demonstrate confidence in his ability;
- Be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.