Required SkillsEnglish Interpersonal Promotion Training Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a Maritime Training Center, specialized in yacht crew training.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach, train and assess on courses as agreed with the Head of Academy;
- Be Instructor to students as required and to deliver tutorials in line with the Academy Tutorial Policy;
- Support the Head of Academy as required;
- Ensure students are correctly enrolled with the Academy and awarding bodies;
- Maintain course records, and prepare schemes of work, lesson plans and assessment plans;
- Pay due attention to the principles of effective learning, learning styles, equality of opportunity;
- Maintain records of progress and co-ordinate reporting to interested parties;
- Maintain and comply with the requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS);
- Positively promote equality of opportunity for staff and students;
- Carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time if is required.
- Holding a Bachelor Degree or Equivalent relevant higher qualification from either Maritime Faculties or Navy;
- Holder of either STCW II/2 Captain or Chief Engineer Certificate of Competency;
- Holding teaching Experience, Qualification and preferably Certification;
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Maritime Industry or Navy;
- Experience in contributing to course design and curriculum development, tutorial and student support process and in the vocational or subject area;
- Vast Experience in Maritime Industry and in particular Maritime Training;
- Experience in Yachting Industry is a bonus.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of effective approaches to curriculum management;
- Commitment to team working;
- Knowledge of curriculum and course development and of trends and initiatives within the relevant sector;
- Strong personal commitment to the company;
- Commitment to achieving excellence through continuous improvement;
- Knowledge of inspection frameworks and of equal opportunities issues;
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the company requirements.