Required SkillsCivil Engineering Communication Mechanical Monitoring
Our client is a leading player in the security sector.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible to execute projects on time, within the approved budget and in accordance with the contract specifications;
- Plans and designs all aspects of projects from inception to post completion including costing, engineering and commissioning;
- Responsible for the design of systems used for commercial and industrial purposes;
- Ensures accurate engineering and execution designs;
- Produces calculations, and approvals to comply with legislation;
- Developing and implementing internal design guides, procedures, design tools and documents;
- Coordinates office work and site surveys/meetings on the projects;
- Provides progress reports and notes as directed by the Department Manager;
- Sets, monitors and reviews workload schedule and communicates with Department Manager when issues are envisaged;
- Provides overall direction to project teams in technical, commercial and operational matters and general direction to various support departments;
- Assists project teams to develop and manage budgets, schedules and deliverables for each project phase and functional area;
- Determines measurement of results;
- Provides monthly reports.
- Holding a Mechanical Engineering Degree or Purely Mechanical course;
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar role, in an Engineering Environment;
- Experience in fire protection design is considered an asset.
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills required;
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and multitask depending on the exigencies;
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Proactive and have exceptional follow-through;
- Attention to details, reliability, efficiency, and flexibility;
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.