Required SkillsAttention to Detail Building Construction Construction Construction Administration English Multi-Tasking Organisational and Time Management Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a real estate and construction company.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of cost estimates for MEP works and preparation of Bid Documents for building projects (both new build and refurbishment / restoration);
- Determining project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs;
- Supervising construction projects, to ensure compliance with engineering designs and documents and confirming specifications;
- Confirming adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress, inspecting construction site, and verifying calculations and placements;
- Validating design issues related to MEP and suggest alternative solutions;
- Fulfilling project requirements by guiding operators;
- Maintaining operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures;
- Complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on needed actions;
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Directing, monitoring and controlling the activities of MEP Subcontractors;
- Liaison with Consultant MEP supervisory Engineers, Inspectors and relevant staff;
- Ensuring that MEP Subcontractors provide and adhere to relevant Quality documentation/records;
- Ensure that MEP Subcontractors adhere to Project safety regulations;
- Maintaining project database by entering data, and completing backups;
- Assist in the testing and commissioning of MEP equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical engineering;
- A valid warrant to practice in Malta;
- 5 to 10 years of MEP engineering;
- CAD and AutoCAD proficiency;
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Tender Preparation Skills;
- Design skills;
- Site Development and Coordination skills;
- Organisation and Planning skills;
- Problem solving.