Required SkillsAML Analytical Attention to Detail Compliance Due Diligence English GDPR KYC MFSA Multi-Tasking PQ Proactive Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading company in financial services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that the firm is always compliant with FIAU and/or MFSA regulations for prevention of regulatory fines and penalties;
- Maintain effective relationships with the MFSA and FIAU and other governmental bodies/agencies, handle any requests or inquiries in an open and cooperative manner;
- Familiarize yourself thoroughly with the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, (Cap. 373) and provisions amending the Act, the Regulations made thereunder, as well as the Implementing Procedures and any guidance notes issued by the Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit (FIAU);
- Ensure that all relevant staff are adequately trained in money laundering and terrorist finance prevention, that the standards and scope of the training are appropriate, and that appropriate training records are kept;
- Ensure that proper customer due diligence procedures are in place and that the procedures set out in the FIAU Implementing Procedures relating to the identification and verification of natural or legal persons are complied with;
- Develop and maintain the firm’s anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing policy in line with evolving statutory and regulatory obligations;
- Set up and/or update an internal reporting procedure to ensure that staff can report any such suspicious transactions without hindrance and that clear reporting lines are in place;
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management policies, risk assessment profile and their application are adequately documented;
- Establish and maintain appropriate risk-based monitoring processes that are proportionate to the firm’s operations’ scale, nature, and complexity;
- Ensure all internal suspicious activity reports received are investigated without delay;
- Represent the firm to all external agencies, e.g. regulators or law enforcement agencies, and in any other third-party enquiries related to money laundering prevention, investigation or compliance;
- Promptly respond to any reasonable request for information from the regulator and/or law enforcement agencies;
- Prepare MLRO reports for the Board Meetings and present it at the said meetings;
- Ensure that the legal reporting obligations, such as CASPAR reporting, of the firm are fulfilled errorless and in a timely manner.
- Candidates who are previously PQ’d will be given preference;
- Knowledgeable of Mifid2 and MFSA rules;
- Experience in CFD business.
- Attentive to detail;
- Able to multi-task;
- Able to work under pressure.