Required SkillsAttention to Detail Budgeting Compliance Customer Needs Customer Requirements Health and Safety Leadership Operations
Our client is a leader in Hospitality and Healthcare.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Management of nursing services within an entity to ensure the delivery of a high standard of nursing service to all clients or clients;
- Ensure quality and full compliance with relevant policies and standards;
- Provide leadership and direction for qualified nurses and midwives, support workers and other employees across clinical settings within his/her healthcare entity;
- Assure the availability of adequate and appropriate resources for a continuous and consistent delivery of nursing care, taking into account the advice given by the Facility Manager;
- Assume responsibilities involving the supervision and management of a health facility;
- Assess current policies and procedures related to nursing practice in his/her Healthcare entity;
- Generate new ideas for improvement taking operational issues into account and acting in line with standards approved by the Chief Executive Officer of the entity or Head of Department;
- Assume a key role in the motivation, development and evaluation of staff working within the assigned health facility or unit;
- Establish and track quality improvement indicators and other information concerning services and care to ensure that resources are available to provide quality services and on-time performance consistent with standards;
- Ensure that business plans, human resource plans, and performance audits and compiled in time for the assigned health facility;
- Take a lead role in health promotion and health education activities;
- Initiate and support the necessary research that will eventually sustain the delivery of evidence;
- Support a clinical environment that facilitates change and introduces innovative efficient care structures and processes that are beneficial to clients and the organization;
- Use available budgets to ensure quality care and the delivery of cost-effective services while monitoring all personnel and supply costs at departmental level.
- Registered nurse in possession of a diploma or BSc in nursing studies;
- Have minimum of 1 year expertise in managerial position.
- Excellent communication skills in English, fluency in Maltese is considered an Asset;
- Have the well being of the elderly at heart;
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Able to lead a team.